Education remains one of the most powerful tools to reduce poverty and improve health, gender, equality, peace and stability. It is the premise of progress, in every society and in every family. As Nelson Mandela puts it “education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”.
Statistics show that:
- An estimate of 75 million children aged 3 to 18 live in countries facing war and violence, and need educational support.
- Nearly 800 million people do not have basic ability to read or write.
- There are more than 124 million primary or secondary school-aged children who are not in school around the world.
- Ten million boys and 15 million girls will never receive a primary education.
- If all students in low- income countries gained basic reading skills, 171 million people could be lifted out of poverty.
World Humanitarian Foundation recognizes education as the life-line of every individual, as it is often said “to be informed is to be transformed and to be uninformed is to be deformed”.
We are focused on increasing basic reading skills in deprived communities in low- and middle- income countries through redistribution of books, redistribution of stationery and building or equipping libraries. Download our one-page pdf (Click here to download) for details on how we achieve this goal.
Donate an unused and/or used book, stationery or cash to support this cause.
Building a literate society through the supply of free books and stationery to those who really need it.
The “Love of Mankind” at the heart of all we do…