WHAT WE DO
PROVISION OF GOOD DRINKING WATER
It is a fundamental truth recognised by all that access to safe, secure and sufficient source of fresh water is an indispensable resource for human survival, well-being and socio-economic development. As remarked by W.H. Auden “Thousands have lived without love, not one without water”.
Are you aware that:
1. 844 million people worldwide lack even a basic drinking-water service, including 159 million people who are dependent on surface water.
2. Two billion people globally use a drinking water contaminated with faeces.
3. Contaminated water alone accounts for an estimated 502, 000 diarrhoea deaths each year.
4. Over 220 million people required preventative treatment for schistosomiasis – an acute and chronic disease caused by parasitic worms contracted through exposure to infested water
5. By 2025, it is estimated that half of the world’s population will be living in water-stressed areas.
(Source: WHO Factsheet on Drinking Water)
World Humanitarian Foundation is thus committed to ensuring that everyone has access to readily available water through mobilisation of resources in the form of cash, equipment, expert guidance etc. to provide bore holes, pipe-borne water and a host of strategic objectives at deprived communities in low- and middle- income countries.
Your DONATIONS and HELP will assist us in creating a “perfect world” for someone out there in Africa, India, Cambodia and other parts of the globe who was just unfortunate to be born into a deprived community.
You are welcome on board in our quest to “Love Mankind” through the provision of readily available Good Drinking Water.